PRINCIPAL BENEFICIARY OF THE PROJECT
University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
ULPGC was founded in 1989 and, despite its youth, it succeeded in positioning itself as one of the main Spanish universities, standing out for the use of the new technologies, for the research associated with the marine and maritime field, for the programmes of international mobility and its great engagement with the local society, with healthy finances and a great scientific productivity.
• Nombre: University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (ULPGC)
• Dirección: C/. Juan de Quesada, 30. 35001. Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
• País: España
• Teléfono: +34 928 451 030
• Web: https://www.ulpgc.es/
Direção Regional dos Assuntos do Mar
The main objective of the Direção Regional dos Assuntos do Mar (Regional Directorate of Maritime Affairs – DRAM) is to contribute and provide guidance to the definition of the regional policy for the valuation of the waters off the Azores, mainly through the integrated and sustainable management of the maritime space, the oceanographic exploitation, the conservation and protection of resources, the concession of licenses for the use of the sea and the territorial planning and protection of coastal areas.
- Name: Direção Regional dos Assuntos do Mar
- Address: Direção Regional dos Assuntos do Mar / Secretaria Regional do Mar, Ciência e Tecnologia / Governo dos Açores / Colónia Alemã – Apartado 9 / 9900-014 / Horta / Portugal
- Country: Portugal
- Telephone: +351 292 202 400
- Web: http://www.azores.gov.pt/Portal/pt/entidades/srmct-dram/
Secretaria Regional do Ambiente e dos Recursos Naturais
Through the Secretaria Regional do Ambiente e dos Recursos Naturais (Regional Directorate of Territorial Planning and Environment – DROTA), the role of the Regional Secretariat of Environment and Natural Resources (SRARN) is to execute and coordinate the regional policy of management of environmental quality of the sector of water, sea, coastline, spatial planning, urbanism and geographic, cartographic and cadastral information, contributing to a sustainable development coordinated between different sector policies in the Autonomous Region of Madeira.
- Name: Secretaria Regional do Ambiente e dos Recursos Naturais
- Address: Rua Dr. Pestana Júnior, nº 6 – 5º Andar, / 9064-506 / Funchal / Portugal
- Country: Portugal
- Telephone: +351 291 220 200
Agência Regional para o Desenvolvimento da Investigação, Tecnologia e Inovação
The Ocean Observatory of Madeira (OOM) is one research unit of the Agência Regional para o Desenvolvimento da Investigação, Tecnologia e Inovação in Madeira (Regional Agency for the Development of Research, Technology and Innovation). Its objective is to consolidate as an excellence centre dedicated to research and continuous monitoring of the ocean. It counts on a scientific community of more than 70 researchers from several institutions, in order to promote cooperation and make the best use of resources.
- Name: Agência Regional para o Desenvolvimento da Investigação, Tecnologia e Inovação
- Address: Edif. Madeira Tecnopolo, piso 2 / 9020-105 / FUNCHAL / Portugal
- Country: Portugal
- Telephone: +351 291 72 1220
Gestión del Medio Rural de Canarias, S.A.U.
Gestión del Medio Rural de Canarias, S.A.U. – GMR Canarias ((Management of the Rural Environment of the Canary Islands) is a public commercial (mercantile) company that depends on the Department of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Waters. Nowadays, it is an instrumental support and technical service of the Public Administration of the Autonomous Community of the Canary Islands, as it is recognized and formalised in the Royal Decree 188/2001 of October 15. This decree states its purpose to serve as instrument for the execution of agricultural and fisheries policies of the Government of the Canary Islands.
- Name: Gestión del Medio Rural de Canarias, S.A.U.
- Address: C/. Jesús Hernández Guzmán, 2, Planta C. Polígono Industrial El Mayorazgo. 38110. Santa Cruz de Tenerife
- Country: Spain
- Telephone: +34 902 377 777
Dirección General de Pesca. Consejería de Agricultura, Ganadería, Pesca y Aguas Gobierno de Canarias
Dirección General de Pesca. Consejería de Agricultura, Ganadería, Pesca y Aguas Gobierno de Canarias (General Directorate of Fisheries. Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Waters of the Government of the Canary Islands) is the superior body in charge of directing, promoting and coordinating the exercise of functions in terms of sea fisheries, shellfishing, aquaculture; planning, merchandising and industrialization of the fisheries, shellfish and aquaculture sector; inspection, research and marine-fishing vocational training and lessons about recreational boating and recreational and professional activities underwater.
- Name: Dirección General de Pesca. Consejería de Agricultura, Ganadería, Pesca y Aguas Gobierno de Canarias
- Address: Avda. Alcalde José Ramírez Bethencourt, nº 22 Edf. Jinámar Planta Baja 35071 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria” / 35071 / Las Palmas de Gran Canaria / Spain
- Telephone: +34 928 11 75 80
- Web: http://www.gobiernodecanarias.org/agricultura/pesca/
Dublin Institute Of Technology, School of Transport Engineering, Environment and Planning
TU Dublin is a multidisciplinary school underpinned by the philosophy of sustainable development and spanning the intersection of environment, transport, logistics and spatial planning. The School is leading in education, research and engagement in its key discipline areas. We prepare our graduates to be career ready and highly competent with the knowledge and skills that make a positive impact on our environment, society and economy. We are working on real-world research in our disciplines in Ireland and abroad and we are actively engaging with local communities and other stakeholders in many areas of our work.
- Name: Dublin Institute Of Technology, School of Transport Engineering, Environment and Planning
- Address: The Clock Tower, Grangegorman, Dublin 7 / D7 / Grangegorman, Dublin 7/
- Country: Ireland
- Telephone: +353.1.402 4151
- Web: http://www.dit.ie/schooloftransportengineeringenvironmentandplanning/
Direção Regional de Pescas
Direção Regional de Pescas (Regional Directorate of Fisheries) is a public institution, belonging to the Secretariat of Agriculture and Fisheries of the Regional Government of Madeira.
- Name: Direção Regional de Pescas
- Address: Edificio de sociedade Metropolitana de Camera de Lobos, Praca de Autonomia / 9300- 138 / FUNCHAL / Portugal
- Country: Portugal
- Telephones: +351 291203250